- When Apple rolled out the iOS 15 update, users reported a number of issues
- The most common issue faced by the iPhone 13 Pro Max users is unresponsive or malfunctioning touch screen
- Most issues in new and used iPhone 13 Pro Max have been resolved with iOS updates, but some users still suffer from touch screen issues
The iPhone touch screen issue has been prevalent for a while, and the latest models are no exception. Previously, users have also reported iPhone 11 unresponsive screen issues. Apple has always been quick to sort these issues out with a software update. So, when users came out with complaints about the iPhone 13 screen not working, Apple was quick to respond with iOS updates.
Most users got rid of this annoying issue after updating the software, but some still suffered. If you’re a victim of the iPhone touch screen not working issue, please continue reading.
How to Fix the iPhone 13 Pro Max Touch Screen Not Working Issue
Whether you buy a new, used, or refurbished iPhone 13 Pro Max, you want it to work perfectly fine. Unfortunately, some iPhone 13 Pro Max users have experienced an unresponsive screen issue. But worry not because we have shared some troubleshooting methods below to make your iPhone work like new in no time.
1. Use Apple Certified Charger
The charger or power source plays a vital role in operating the iPhone properly. Since Apple got rid of in-box accessories, we don’t get a charger or earbuds when we buy a new or used iPhone 13 Pro Max. The only accessory in the box with your iPhone is the USB Type-C to Lightning cable. However, you can find used iPhones for sale with all accessories in the box.
If you don’t charge your iPhone 13 Pro Max unlocked with an Apple-certified charger, it may cause problems, like an unresponsive screen. Using an Apple-certified charger allows getting power from a compatible power source, resolving the touch screen issue. You can use one that came with your previous iPhone or buy a new charger from a store.
You can quickly identify uncertified or counterfeit Lightning connector accessories by examining the packaging and the accessories. For instance, certified third-party accessories have the MFi badge on their packaging.
2. Turn Your iPhone Off and On
If your iPhone 13 Pro Max isn’t responding to touch, you may want to try the classic turn-it-off-and-on method.
To turn your iPhone off and on, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Volume up/down button and the Side button simultaneously.
- Drag the slider appearing on your iPhone screen from left to right to turn it off.
- Wait for a few seconds and turn on your iPhone by pressing and holding the Side button for a few seconds.
- Release the button when the Apple logo appears on the screen.
In most cases, the screen not responding issue resolves after this simple solution. But if your iPhone 13 Pro Max is still not working correctly, you can try the following solutions.
3. Force Restart Your iPhone
Try a force restart if your refurbished iPhone 13 Pro Max is experiencing a screen issue. Usually, the iPhone screen starts responding after you’ve completed a force restart.
To force restart your iPhone 13 Pro Max, please follow these steps:
- Press the Volume up button on your iPhone and release it.
- Press the Volume down button and release it.
- After you quickly release the volume buttons, press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears on your screen.
4. Remove External Screen Protector
Sometimes the touch screen issue occurs due to the screen protector that comes with cheap phones. If you buy a used iPhone 13 Pro Max and it already has a screen protector, you should try removing it as it may interfere with the touch. This happens if the protector is low quality, not fitted correctly, or isn’t compatible with your particular iPhone model.
To avoid this issue, always buy iPhone accessories, like screen protectors, chargers, and phone cases, from reliable retailers, like Phone Daddy.
5. Install the Latest iOS Update
If your unlocked iPhone 13 Pro Max screen has stopped working, it may be due to a software glitch. It happens when you have an older iOS version installed on your iPhone. So, it’s essential to keep your iOS version up to date to prevent potential issues and bugs.
To update your iPhone 13 Pro Max to the latest iOS version, please follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to General and choose Software Update.
If any new updates are available, you’ll find them here, and if your iPhone has the latest iOS version installed, it will appear on the screen.
If you don’t know how to update your iPhone, here’s a detailed guide.
6. Check Physical Damage
If you have tried all the methods mentioned above, your iPhone 13 Pro Max should be working fine now. In case it still doesn’t work, you may want to look for hardware damage.
Most used iPhone 13 Pro Max for sale are in good condition if you buy them from a reliable retailer. But if you get tempted by cheap smartphone deals on shady marketplaces, your chances of getting a damaged device are pretty high. As a result, you may end up getting an iPhone 13 Pro Max with a damaged screen. If this is the case, there’s no solution but to replace the damaged screen. You can get it replaced if you have Apple Care.