- The iPhone 12 Pro is one of Apple’s flagship devices, but that doesn’t mean it comes without its problems.
- Many iPhone 12 Pro users have reported a flickering screen issue in their new and used devices.
- The iPhone 12 Pro display flickers and a grey or green tint appears on the screen.
A flickering display on an iPhone 12 Pro can be a frustrating and annoying problem. The grey or green tint that sometimes appears on display can make it challenging to use your phone and even cause eye strain. The iPhone 12 Pro display flickering grey/green tint issue may occur due to a number of reasons. Luckily, most of these causes can be resolved in a few quick and easy steps.
How to Fix iPhone 12 Pro Display Flickering Grey/Green Tint
If your iPhone 12 Pro’s display is flickering with a grey or green tint, there could be different reasons for this issue. Below, we have shared some possible causes of the iPhone 12 Pro display flickering issue and provided troubleshooting steps to fix it.
1. Set Brightness from Medium to Maximum
To set the brightness of your iPhone 12 Pro’s display to the maximum level, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on Display & Brightness.
- Use the slider under Brightness to adjust the brightness of your iPhone’s display. When you drag the slider to the right, it increases the brightness. You can drag it to the left to decrease it.
- When you’re happy with the brightness level, tap Done to save your changes.
Alternatively, you can quickly adjust the brightness of your iPhone’s display by swiping down from the screen’s top-right corner (where the battery icon is located) to open the Control Center. Then, use the brightness slider to adjust the brightness as desired.
2. Reduce White Point
Reducing the white point of your iPhone’s display can help make the colors on the screen appear more muted and less intense. This can be helpful if you find the colors on your iPhone’s display to be too bright or overwhelming. Plus, it can get rid of your iPhone 12 Pro display issue.
Keep in mind that reducing the white point may also affect the overall brightness of your iPhone’s display, so you may need to adjust the brightness level as well.
To reduce the white point of your iPhone 12 Pro’s display, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap Accessibility.
- Scroll down and tap Display & Text Size.
- Scroll down and toggle on the Reduce White Point option.
- Tap Done to save your changes.
3. Update Your iOS Version
If adjusting your iPhone’s brightness and the white point doesn’t fix the problem, you can try a few other things.
The first thing to do is to make sure that your iPhone 12 Pro unlocked is up to date with the latest software. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to check if your iPhone has the latest iOS version installed.
If not, then follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest version of iOS to your iPhone 12 Pro. Need help with updating your iPhone? Read our detailed guide on how to update your iPhone.
4. Restart Your iPhone
Another possible cause for your used iPhone 12 Pro display to flicker with a grey or green tint is a software issue. In this case, restarting your iPhone often helps.
To restart your iPhone 12 Pro, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the power button (also called the side button) and either volume button simultaneously until the slide to power off slider appears on the screen.
- Slide the power icon from left to right, and it will turn off your iPhone.
- Wait for about 30 seconds, and press and hold the side button again until you see the Apple logo.
5. Get Your Display Checked
Another potential cause of the grey or green tint on your iPhone 12 Pro display is a hardware issue. If this is the cause of your iPhone’s flickering display, it may be necessary to have it repaired by an Apple-authorized service provider. They will be able to diagnose the issue and specify the best course of action to fix it.
You can find a service provider near you by following these steps:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap General.
- Select About.
- Scroll down and tap Service.
- Tap Get Started to find a service provider in your area.
6. Remove the Screen Protector
Sometimes external accessories, like a screen protector, can cause issues with your iPhone 12 Pro’s display. These accessories can sometimes cause interference with the display, leading to problems like flickering or discoloration. If you have any third-party screen protectors or cases installed on your iPhone, try removing them to see if that fixes the problem.
7. Contact Apple Support
If you have tried all these solutions and the issue with your iPhone 12 Pro’s display persists, it’s always a good idea to contact Apple Support for further assistance. They will be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps and help you get your iPhone working properly again. If your iPhone 12 Pro has a warranty and Apple Care, you may be eligible for a repair or replacement for your device.